Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Stan Lee!

Stan Lee turned ninety years young today and I'd like join comic book fans everywhere in wishing him the very happiest of birthdays. 

Shortly after my mother bought me my first comic book in the mid-1980s, I grew to love reading Stan's Soapbox and using it to get a sense of the Marvel world. Of course, so much has happened (both good and bad) to our industry since then, but it was still a thrill when I finally got to meet Stan (albeit very briefly) at the two conventions I attended this past year in London and Toronto. Anyone who has met him recently knows that he has the energy of a man half his age, and won't be slowing down anytime soon.    

Below is some footage taken in February at London SuperComicCon. It's one of the largest shows in the UK and this year featured a great Q & A with 'The Man' himself. In the short (and unfortunately somewhat shaky video) Stan talks about his future in comics and the great relationship he has with his fans; all while having a little fun too. Happy Birthday, Stan!   



No comments:

Post a Comment